Sharp Unveils Canada’s Largest Mainstream Consumer TV
80-inch Model Reinforces Sharp as Industry Leader in Large Flat Panel TVs
MISSISSAUGA, ON, Sep 27, 2011 --
Continuing to build on its large-screen TV leadership, Sharp Electronics today introduced the largest TV available to Canadians - the 80-inch AQUOS (80-inch diagonal) LC-80LE632U. Perfect for sports fans and home entertainment buffs, this new TV has full HD 1080p (1920 x 1080) resolution, features Smart TV functionality, and is equipped with built-in Wi-Fi and full internet connectivity for access to streaming video services.
“Entertainment at home has never been so big,” said Carmine Cinerari, President, Sharp Canada. “With the introduction of Sharp’s new 80-inch AQUOS TV, we’re bringing the most immersive viewing experience ever to Canadians, at a price point previously unimaginable for a screen this big.”
Sharp’s 80-inch model meets an ever-increasing demand for large screen TVs in Canada. This new TV provides 6 feet 8 inches of diagonal viewing distance which is equivalent to more than the average height of a professional basketball player. The new 80-inch model succeeds Sharp’s 70-inch TVs as Canada’s largest screen size, creating the industry’s most robust portfolio of large panel TVs with Sharp offering the only 70-inch and 80-inch screens on the market. Leveraging Sharp’s state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities in Japan, these panels provide the highest picture quality available for large screen sizes today.
A Big Screen Beauty
With its sleek design and powerful picture performance, Sharp’s AQUOS 80-inch HDTV offers a wealth of imaging and high-performance features. The UltraBrilliant Full Array LED backlighting system ensures uniformity in both color and brightness from edge to edge and corner to corner while also enabling an incredible dynamic contrast ratio of 6,000,000:1 for optimal picture quality. Additionally, the LC-80LE632U employs 120Hz Fine Motion Advanced which virtually eliminates blur and motion artifacts in fast-moving video. For the video game enthusiast, the VyperDrive circuit minimizes lag time from the console to almost imperceptible levels.
The LC-80LE632U also features AQUOS Advantage LIVE™, Sharp’s unique support feature that allows Sharp AQUOS Advantage Advisors to remotely connect to an AQUOS TV through the Internet. This free service to AQUOS owners allows assistance with TV setup including troubleshooting and optimizing the picture quality to suit room conditions so users can maximize their unit’s potential.
LC-80LE632U Key Features
- The largest TV on the market with 80-inches of big screen viewing, that’s more than twice the viewing area of a 55-inch screen
- Full HD 1080p X-Gen LCD Panel - with 10-bit processing is designed with advanced pixel control to minimize light leakage and with a wider aperture to let more light through.
- 120Hz Fine Motion Enhanced - for improved fast motion picture quality.
- Connected TV Services - delivers streaming video, customized Internet content and live customer support via built-in Wi-Fi.
- Vyper Drive - game mode eliminates perceptible lag between game consoles and the TV display.
- Dual USB Inputs - enable viewing high-resolution video, music and digital photos on the TV.
Sharp’s Big Screen Family
Sharp’s new 80-inch AQUOS model joins nine other 60-inch+ large screen including the company’s 70-inch 632/732/734/735 Series models and 60-inch 632/830/832/835 Series models in Sharp’s robust stable of big screen TVs.
The 60-inch and 70-inch models feature Sharp’s proprietary Quattron Quad Pixel Technology which adds the color Y (yellow) to the 3 colors of R (red), G (green), and B (blue) of the traditional television pixel structure to produce a brighter, more vibrant image. Quad Pixel Technology enables the reproduction of colors that have been previously impossible to portray using conventional LCD displays, such as the brass color of musical instruments, and enhanced aqua greens and Caribbean blues. The 735 series also features Sharp’s AQUOS 3D system, comprised of the X-Gen LCD panel and UltraBrilliant LED backlight enables an incredible dynamic contrast ratio for excellent picture quality.
Environmental Conservation and Industry Leading Energy Efficiency
Sharp aims to minimize the environmental impact of its products by continually implementing and improving product technologies, designs and programs aimed at environmental conservation, from the materials used in the manufacture and packaging of our products, to their transportation, use and safe disposal at the end of their product life. Sharp’s commitment to being a leader in energy saving and energy producing products has resulted in its production of some of the world’s most energy efficient TVs. All of Sharp’s 60, 70 and 80-inch TVs meet ENERGY STAR® standards, employing the latest in energy saving design, with a dedicated Power Saving mode allowing operation with significantly less power consumption than prior models. Additionally, the LED (Light Emitting Diode) technology used to backlight these TVs allows for the development of the world’s leading displays with the lowest levels of overall power consumption.
- Sharp’s LC-80LE632U model will be available in October with an MSRP of $5299.99
- Sharp’s LC-70LE735U model is available now for an MSRP of $4599.99
- Sharp’s LC-70LE734U model is available now for an MSRP of $3999.99
- Sharp’s LC-70LE732U model is available now for an MSRP of $3799.99
- Sharp’s LC-70LE632U model is available now for an MSRP of $3199.99
- Sharp’s LC-60LE835U model is available now for an MSRP of $3199.99
- Sharp’s LC-60LE832U model is available now for an MSRP of $2999.99
- Sharp’s LC-60LE830U model is available now for an MSRP of $2799.99
- Sharp’s LC-60LE632U model is available now for an MSRP of $2299.99
Sharp and AQUOS are registered trademarks of Sharp Corporation
HDMI, the HDMI logo and High Definition Multimedia Interface are registered trademarks of HDMI licensing, LLC
All other trademarks are property of their respective owners
For more information, photography or to arrange an interview, please contact:
Hill & Knowlton Canada
Hill & Knowlton Canada